If your hair is suffering from breakage, the chances are you’re not treating it right.
Many of us neglect our hair while putting it through its paces on a regular basis – blow-drying it, straightening or styling it with heated tools and exposing it to the elements. Our hair can put up with quite a lot, but you need to give back if you want to avoid breakage.
Breakage is a sure sign that your hair is unhealthy, lacking in moisture and generally craving nutrients and a protein boost. The best way to give it all this in one treatment is by booking yourself in for a KeraStraight KS Ultimate treatment. With results that last for up to four months, KS Ultimate will deliver everything your hair needs to keep it looking and feeling in peak health.
Once you’ve given your hair this much-needed treat, it’s time to start looking after it on a day-to-day basis to ensure breakage remains a problem of the past.
Five Steps to Banish Hair Breakage
- Take care when heat styling. Whether you use heated tools occasionally or every day, you should always use some form or protection on your hair. KS Style Heat Protection Spray is perfect for protecting your hair from heated tools and its lightweight formula won’t weigh your hair down. To seal those split ends, which can be the early stages breakage, apply KS Style Recue Crème. This treatment and blow-drying crème in one repairs, hydrates and locks the goodness into your hair for lasting results. And for regular top-ups of hydration throughout the day, give your hair spritz or two of KS Style Moisture Mist, a lightweight styling product that also adds moisture while also offering heat protection.
- Be careful when drying. While blow-drying is often blamed for breakage, vigorously towel drying your hair can also cause problems, including matting, tangling and even breakage. Far better to create a towel turban and let hair dry naturally for a while and then blow dry – and don’t forget the heat protection.
- Visit your stylist for regular trims. If you do develop split ends, the best remedy is a professional trim with your hairdresser. If left, those split ends can turn into broken ends.
- Use a good quality moisturising shampoo and conditioner. They are probably the most used homecare product of all, but often the one people don’t invest in. Choose a shampoo and conditioner that will feed your hair with moisture and other nutrients – not one that will coat it in potentially harmful chemicals for a fake ‘healthy’ shine. Try Moisture Enhance Shampoo and Conditioner from KeraStraight. This duo is designed to revitalise dry, coarse and damaged hair by locking in moisture, leaving hair shiny, frizz free and less prone to breakage.
- Book in for regular treatments. To ensure your hair remains in fabulous condition, you should make in-salon treatments a regular part of your haircare routine. Speak to your hairdresser about the options available. If time is an issue, you could try KeraStraight’s Intense Boost service. It takes just 30 minutes and is perfect for hydrating and repairing hair to help avoid breakage, while ensuring your hair looks stunning.
So, is it time you gave your hair a break and started giving it the love it deserves?