KeraStraight are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’)
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
If you are creating a professional account we collect additional information about your business to help us determine the type of account you need and the third-party distributors/importers that we need to share the information with to enable us to create a professional account for you.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site, by email or by telephone (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you about your order;
- For professional accounts, provide you with the training and information needed to be able to effectively use and market the product in your salon.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with relevant information or articles relating to the use of our products or the maintenance of your hair in general.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site and you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Additionally, if you are requesting a professional account, we share your Personal Information with the relevant third-party distributor or importer for your area to enable them to facilitate the creation of your professional account. We also share your Personal Information with data processors to manage your professional account creation. The data processors that we share your personal information with are (for total transparency we have included the privacy policies of each processor and we have reviewed their GDPR compliance):
- Typeform https://admin.typeform.com/to/dwk6gt
- Pipedrive https://www.pipedrive.com/en/privacy
- Front https://frontapp.com/privacy-policy
- Zapier https://zapier.com/privacy/
- Piesync https://www.piesync.com/terms/
- Mailerlite https://www.mailerlite.com/privacy-policy/
- Dear Inventory http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/privacy-policy/
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Data Protection Officer
First Floor, 5 Doolittle Yard